GEA has undertaken numerous projects involving complex, technically challenging sites where highly specialized site preparation, foundations, and fast-track solutions were required. Our extensive geotechnical project experience includes buildings, bridges, dams, levees, retaining walls, corporate headquarters, waterfront redevelopment projects and retail centers throughout the eastern United States.
GEA offers a comprehensive multi-disciplined range of services to address Geotechnical issues including:
- Management of small and large scale geotechnical exploration programs
- Installation of observation wells and supervision of drilling
- In Situ and laboratory testing of soil and rock samples
- Application of both surface and borehole geophysical techniques: including magnetics, electromagnetics, resistivity, ground penetrating radar, seismic refraction and reflection, borehole logging and crosshole seismic
- Preparation of geologic profiles and cross sections
- Implementation and management of blasting and vibration studies
- Dam inspections and surveys
- Dam evaluations and permitting
- Dam rehabilitation design including production of plans and specifications
GEA offers comprehensive structural design services to owners, architects, developers and contractors and has extensive experience with all types of municipal and commercial projects including water and waste water treatment plants, office buildings, parking garages, retail centers, hotels, recreation facilities, schools, financial institutions, laboratories, warehouses, factories and medical office buildings. We also offer unique design services in the areas of renovation/rehabilitation, preservation of historical structures, due diligence reports for all types of building structures, tunnel formed concrete structures, and other special projects.